From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 07:00:45 -0400
Bob Harrison wrote:

> I do not agree with Bill's "they are immediately sprayed down".
>
> I believe the public should be kept at a safe distance and Barney  should
> put a veil on and the beekeeper given a opportunity to salvage his losses
> within a reasonable amount of time  if only a minor risk to the public
> exists.

I was talking about an overturned commercial pollinator's truck. In a
recent case one shut down I-95 for a short time and bees were all over.
Made the papers, TV and radio.

When one of these trucks go over, there is not much to salvage. I
understand the desires of the owner, but public safety is much more
important.

In any case, it also allows some PR from the beekeepers on scene.
Several were interviewed and the event became a plus for beekeeping not
a minus.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Me