Date:
Mon, 23 May 2011 11:54:34 -0400
>>This evening, I decided to finish watching Bill Ruzicka's DVD.

>Allen Did You got to this part?

>MiteGone releases acid constantly, one pad evaporates 6 grams of acid over a
>24 hour period. This provides a sub lethal concentration of fumes that
>circulates between frames. This doesn't affect the bees.

Yes.  I find that very interesting and wonder how that can be.  Not that I doubt you,
but I would like to see the proof of that.

This approach is very different from the other popular methods which are KNOWN
to do serious damage on occasion and are suspected of reducing crops in others.

Your placement of the pads does make them less subject to heat from the sun
and also more likely to be part of the normal air circulation of the hive.

>The COSTIC action of circulating fumes breaks the mite's foot pads and mites
>loose grip on the bees and fall down into pool of heavy concentration and
>die.

Is that proven, or is it theory?  I have not been aware that the exact mechanism
by which formic works has been authoritatively proven.

>Those who don't fall; become sick as acid enters their bodies through
>respiration and their exoskeleton: of  those who enter cells, 80% will not
>reproduce.

Again, I wonder if this has been measured or just estimated.  It does not sound
unreasonable.

>In 2007 after my visit to the CZECH Republic, MITEGONE become very popular
>and the CZECH research institute ran a series of tests: THEY  used: "VARROA
MONITORING BOTTOMS" which are actually fully open screen bottoms with drop
boards put in at designed intervals. Regardless of the fully open bottoms they
achieved 87% efficac ...This research made me revise the instructions.  You do
not need to do anything if you have screen bottoms.

I find that interesting since I plan to have monitoring floors on my hives.

> BUT If you have Boards with trays you can replace the OIL OR GREASE with
>one acid pad laying flat  it will last 3 months and kill all mites which
>fall down into the tray.

I saw that.  There are parts of the movie I will have to look at again.

Are you planning to upload it to YouTube, preferably in segments?

I realise that portions are already on your website.