From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2015 23:51:34 -0400
>> Would it be correct to say that the only seeds that are
>> treated with neonics are limited to agricultural crops?

> No - apparently many plants found in Garden Centres,
> including those labelled as being valuable for pollinators
> (!) are treated with neonicotinoids to keep them looking good.

The Garden Center neonic treatments are not examples of treated seeds, but
instead a spray is used, most often a soil drench.
But some seeds sold to home gardeners are also treated, as they also grown
agricultural crops on a smaller scale.

I don't know of any ornamentals that are seed-treated with any neonic, and I
doubt the economics would not support the cost.
I also do not know of any common insect pest of the roots of ornamentals,
which is where the seed treatments earn their keep.

It is most often the commodity grain crops that are treated, but there are a
few treated veggie seeds.
For example, the seed company below sells thiamethoxam on both corn and
pumpkin seeds, in the form of Cruiser for the corn seed, and " FarMore
DI400" on the pumkin seeds.

https://www.harrisseeds.com/storefront/t-PG_Info_Seeds.aspx