From:
George W Imirie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:35:32 EST
Aaron:
I examined the Web site you mentioned.  You can imagine the great enthusiasm I
have if apitherapy could be certified a known, proven, reliable treatment for
M.S., and for my great friends like Charlie Mraz and particularly  Pat Wagner,
I indeed hope the research proves valid.

If so, can you imagine the increase in status of the American beekeeper.  It
would make John Glenn's Discovery "vehicle" look like a "kiddy kar".  Selling
bees would be much more profitable than honey.

However, when I think of the involvement of the FEDERAL government and
particularly the FDA,  I am glad that I am OLD and won't have to fight those
battles.
When one considers the reticence of the FDA of approving some of the drugs
used for years in Europe, not to mention an alternative for Apistan, the Bible
would be akin to a pocket size dictionary compared to the thousands of pages
of rules, do's and don'ts, and authorities one what have to get to sell or use
bees for apitherapy.

BTW, I am truly enjoying all the discussions concerning the use of
antibiotics, notably Terramycin.

Enough!  Have a nice one!                                       George Imirie