From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:34:46 -0700
Sounds like the old precautions of "let's break up at a public place so you can't cause a scene."   Not that Mr. Clutter would do that.  I would probably take greater offense at the choice of meeting location, less so if I was fired at, say, an Applebees.

I wonder if the Dept of Ag picked up the tab for lunch as a consolation.  Nah.

I doubt Ms. Fisher is anything but a messenger.  I might fathom a guess that the decision came from higher up.  It's like this mess in Washington, D.C.  Some of the dumbest short-term solutions are being offered while common sense is strangled in the collusion of politics and the budgetery process.  Makes me wonder who really is running this country.

The whole scenario is a shame and the rest of us will pay the price for years.  I wish Mr. Clutter well.  Resourceful people have a way of landing on their feet.

Grant
Jackson, MO