From:
"Laura A. Downey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 14:45:34 -0500
>  Lets work on all the positive that this list can do for us. You can't
>belive how much info that I have been getting on Bee Viruses.We need to
>get our energy together and get that mite with people who have the
>education. I think we all have a lot to learn about bees. They are
>changing, and we are changing the way we keep them.Lets focus on the
>problem and not the people.

First of all, we need to start by understanding that not one beekeeper in
this world is perfect.  Some would have us believe that they have never lost
a single bee in their hobby or career.  We need to have compassion for other
beekeepers and their problems.  We don't need to berate each other and
accuse others of not being beekeepers because they learned their lessons the
hard way.  I'd bet anything that the person that thinks others aren't
beekeepers doesn't live up to those lofty standards either.

I have learned a lot from this list.  Unfortunately, I have gotten some
negative replies from some.  As Mr. High stated, if you have nothing nice to
say, don't say anything at all.  I enjoy reading everyone else's responses,
which are for the most part, filled with a lot of good beekeeping
information.  Let's educate each other, not knock each other down.

L. A. Downey