From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 13:56:57 -0400
Jim writes

The other "pollinators" are conservation and ecological issues, not
agricultural issues, as these NATIVE pollinators make their livings off
NATIVE plants, not off our imported and extensively hybridized FOOD plants.

As usual, I am not sure whether this is tongue in cheek or represents some actual viewpoint. However, native pollinators are not bound to native plants any more than honey bees are bound to agricultural crops.

Pollination is a network consisting of thousands of pollinators which pollinate millions of plants. Very few of these are in a tight relationship; promiscuity is the general rule.

None of these plants and pollinators has the slightest understanding of the concept of native/non-native. This is an entirely human construct which falls apart very quickly under scrutiny.

If, however, you were being facetious, well then -- never mind.

Pete