Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:21:40 -0400

> While what you say is correct and true in an ideal world, in fact, funding
> does often have an influence on what research is done and by whom and
> whether it is completed and/or made public.

I look at the funding on every study I read. Not hard to see an agenda
especially in the food arena. Amazing how there is often a direct
correlation between the food and the funding. ( Maine blueberries are good
for you funded by the Blueberry Commission.)

Granted, that does not necessarily make the findings suspect, but certainly
should make for more critical reading. And blueberries are good for you.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine