From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:56:06 -0500
On 23 Mar 98 at 19:06, CSlade777 wrote:

> Don't bother to buy drone foundation.  Just put in starter strips of
> worker foundation.  They bees will then produce as many drone cells
> as they require depending on many variables; genetics, season,

I suppose to save a dollar a sheet it's worth the hassle of
unpredictability. ;-))  As that's what this method is, if the bees
don't want drones they won't make them. Adding foundation does insure
drones, provided it's used in larger hives with older queens. Small
hives with young queens don't figure they need them, so don't make
them. I have had a hive take drone foundation and try to work it into
worker cells, what a mess!!

The Bee Works,9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia,Ontario. L3V 6H1. Canada.
Phone/Fax 705-326-7171