Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:30:33 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I'm just questioning your false (and often condescending) dichotomy between beekeepers "who only keep bees for fun" and get little or no honey (according to you) and the implied serious beekeepers like yourselves who are in touch with "reality.

I suspect your reading into it.  I have not seen anyone look down on those who keep bees just for fun,  Pete and I both I am guite sure have no ill will at all.  What we are trying to show is that the commercial breeders market is honey and pollination.  AS of yet that does not mix well with varro resistant  stock.  As long as the mass of cash paying customers are looking for honey or huge hives for pollination,  that status won't change much was my only point.

Just recently We had a debate on VR queens and commercial producers.  I firmly maintain yet the answer to varro resistance as a genetic issue rest firmly in the hands of those who are doing it for fun, and I will line up and put down hard cash as fast as I can.  Its going to take someone who is purely in it for fun to work out the problem as near as I can tell.

No condensention on my part, I think its all good.  I would say with little hesitation that the feeling is not recpricol.  Most of the unfortunate vitriol is aimed at the commercial guys.  Which is sad,  because there is room for all in this big tent.  

Charles

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2