From:
"Hanlin, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:10:34 +0000
Yes we use one nuc (approximately 5000 bees) per cage.

A wide variety of crops are pollinated, such as sunflower, carrot, melons, pumpkin, Brassica, clovers, umbels, ornamental bushes.  You can go to the website  http://www.ars.usda.gov/main/site_main.htm?modecode=36-25-12-00 and look under "research projects" at the crops that are grown for seed at our location.

I take it that you have one nuc per cage?  What crops and are they for seed?

Geoff Manning