From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 20:04:49 -0400
Nobody seems to be asking the obvious question.  If the Japanese allow
higher levels for their domestic products, then how are their bees doing?

Higher levels in products consumed by humans should reflect higher
exposures in the plant resources consumed by bees.  So, do they have higher  losses
of bees than we see in the USA?

I found this statement - seems like they have lost bees, but the articles
tend to indicate its as much a loss of beekeepers as of bees themselves.

“There have been small-scale honeybee losses for many years, but a massive
collapse like they had in the U.S. is very unusual,” says Kimura, comparing
the  Japanese problem with the American CCD crisis of three years ago. “We
must  investigate the situation in Japan.”

Jerry