From:
Guillermo Jacoby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 15:39:53 -0800
Being the one that raised the issue of importing bees through
international boundaries in the first place I would also like to
put my 2 cents worth.

I felt that David's word were hard. In theory he is right in saying that
a school boy understands the words that he used, he wrote:

> Words which any well educated school boy is aware of, and
> certainly nothing which would cause offence in normal polite society.

Nontheless they were strong.  Pure Jane was being nice, then again, David
shows that he feels strong agaist bees being imported, and that was made
very clear on his message(s).  After reading Allen message I felt better
though.

But we are dealing in many different cultures here.  I have come to the
conclusion that sometimes what is perfectly fine in one culture migh not
be in another culture (Steve pointed at this also).

This issue reminded me that beekeeping is an universal activity.  As far
as I know (but I'm not a historian so please correct me if this is not a
fact), practiced worldwide through history as it is a worldwide practice
today.  But it is only in this decade, and through the INTERNET that we
can share it in a world wide way.

Regards,

Guillermo

--