Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2011 08:28:30 -0400
> randy said
> As with any new product, beekeepers will want to learn to fine tune.
>I am very excited about the results with only one strip, although the
>manufacturer strongly suggests using two strips for good mite kill.  I only
>tested the 1-strip application on two hives, so cannot stand behind those
>results.  But if I had supers on right now, and wanted to set the mites
>back, I'd personally try a single strip.  This is not a recommendation of
>any sort!

after reading your article multiple times and looking at the results, I know you  recommend  using according to label directions but if I was to use one strip how many days later could I add the second strip to kill the mites that were left in the sealed brood? your finding showed the same mite kill for one strip verses two, just that the mites seemed to be higher later in the study. I assume these mites are the ones that were not killed in the sealed brood. I guess my question would be when mites emerge, how long before they will go back to mate in the brood cell?

thanks mike syracuse.