From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:35:22 -0400
In the white honey capital of USA (north dakota, south dakota, minnesota, wisconsin, Iowa) we get a
huge white honey flow from around June 20th-July 20th. This period can produce 3-5 supers per
colony which average around 32 pounds of extracted honey.

TIme periods preceding and following this are typically darker sources of honey although early
August is a bonus period if the region receives adequate moisture we can produce an extended flow
of clover and alfalfa which is a source of white honey.

Late Aug and Sept is when we get "wildflower" honey which is much darker.

We're seeing more and more purple loosestrife in the eastern portion of this region. Last year about
15% of my crop was from this darker,  butterscotch flavored honey with a slight green tinge.