Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:27:31 EDT
All

Let me take this opportunity to apologize publicly to Andrea.  I  misread
her request, since she not only asked about the Fortune paper, but  repeated
its statements.

I over-reacted.  I read this as yet another attempt to  deliberately fan
the flames and asked her is that was her intent?  I  repeated  to her the
points that I posted to Bee-L.  My  patience had run out, and I'm sorry.

Just to put this in context, I'm getting e-mails accusing me of just about
everything and anything that you can image,  groups and individuals
spreading this article, without looking at the actual PloS ONE paper.

It doesn't improve my day to keep getting e-mails asking WHO paid you  off,
HOW much did you get?  That's been going on all weekend.

Read the actual paper, make up your own mind.  Don't rely on an  article on
an article about an article.

Whatever anyone thinks of me, this is unfair to my 17 co-authors, and  the
US ARMY who did all of the analysis, mostly for free.  Its also unfair  to
the beekeepers, growers, and boards who provided funding to go get these
samples, start the analysis process.  We did this on a shoe-string.   We did
not get any of the USDA CAPS money.

Again, I over-reacted.  Andrea, please accept my apology and stay on  Bee-L.

Jerry