Date:
Thu, 16 May 2013 21:11:25 -0400
From: Peter L Borst

>>  Having a beekeeper come out an do a proper removal (if possible) is the
>> best solution in most cases.

>I think having a pest control company do it is far more economical (read:
>more fair). A colony of bees isn't worth a thousand bucks, which is what it
>may cost if there's heavy demo & repair involved. Like I said, I present
>the three options and let them decide.

I don't think so.  A local pest control company charged a local woman $300
to puff a little Sevin into a bee colony.  Ten minutes work and he left. A
few weeks later the honey had absorbed water and fermented, bursting the
cells and running down the walls. As I recall, she had $1100 to $1200 in
drywall repairs.

I think he ripped her off. Don't you?

Dave
Retired