From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:37:59 -0500
Hi all beeks,

FYI------the North Alabama Beekeepers Symposium was our first event and was, as we feel and by the evaluation sheets filled out and returned, a success. Dr. Jim Tew, who has just retired from Ohio State University, August 31, 2011, and is still associated with Auburn University, gave us permission to copy his symposium at Auburn. Jerry Hayes from the Florida Dept. of Agriculture was also a featured speaker. We think these are two of the very best anywhere!!!!!! Speakers were from Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia with topics to interest all who attended. Some classes were very crowded. We will have to plan better for next year.

Seating was limited and was completely filled. We learned a lot about the wants of today's beekeeper. Changes in beekeeping has really made strides in the last ten or so years.

We are planning for next years symposium to be held the second Saturday of August 2012. We hope it will be at the same location, Calhoun Community College, Tanner, Alabama. The facilities are top notch. to say the least.

Thanks to all who made the event possible!!!

A very special thanks to Dr. Jim Tew and Jerry Hayes!!!

Lionel Evans
Limestone County Beekeepers Association
Athens, AL.