Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2010 23:10:35 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
> And thanks for performing the experiment--now we know that two good thumps don't cause the bees to waste much honey in raising the cluster temperature!

I'll check again tomorrow for delayed effect.  There was no apparent sudden instantaneous surge in consumption anyhow.

> Allen, any chance that you could set up a Bee-L photo sharing page so that those who don't maintain websites could share photos of interest with the List?

I think so.  Some, I notice, use Photobucket, but I think there are better ways to do it. I have several, but there are new ways popping up all the time.  

We could do it, but pretty well anyone can send pictures to Google, Windows Live, Photobucket, etc.  and can then include a URL to a specific picture or album in any post to BEE-L so I don't know if there is really a need, but we will see what the response is. As always, ideas and comments are welcome, but seeing as this is a metatopic, any comments sent to the list on this topic will just be read and considered by the moderators with a possible summary to the list if warranted, so as not to distract the list from its primary mandate -- bee discusssion.

While speaking of moderation, a number of posts hit the bit bucket lately for quoting irrelevant material, like the BEE-L tag lines.  Please read your submissions right to the bottom before hitting, "send", especially if quoting.  You might be surprised what you are sending.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Access BEE-L directly at:
http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A0=BEE-L

ATOM RSS1 RSS2