From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 08:02:27 -0400
<Feral concentrations  can vary widely.
Most estimates I would say range from
10 to 20 feral colonies per squire mile.
The quote below, tells of 7 feral colonies
in a square mile, which I suppose
is* far greater than the average number*
of domestic honeybee colonies per
square mile.>

Was this a typo or are you referring to overall population of bees? because
most apiaries are still far more dense.  I'm guessing those 7-20 ferals are
spread out on average a little better than a typical apiary.

I'm looking forward to reading some more work by Seeley, will be
interesting to see if anything comes from it and if there are any practical
applications to beekeeping (I have no desire to spread my hives out even
further if that's the case).

Jeremy
West Michigan