From:
Rossy Castillo Orozco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:13:22 -0400

Hi: the bald-brood condition is due to the attack of the lesser wax moth Achroia Grisella, and sometimes to the greater wax moth Galleria Mellonella too;  the moth chew away the cappings of sealed brood. The adult bees remove the rest of the cappings but don't remove the pupas very soon so we can see their heads , generally in a line ,and if we remove the pupa we can find the moths excrements on the pupa . Some times the pupas die or emerge with deformed legs and wings.

Rossy Castillo Orozco

Queen Breeder-

Olmué - Chile