From:
Max Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:17:12 +0200
     Apistan has a limited effect on tracheal mites, certainly not a high
     enough efficacy for control. Tau-fluvalinate has a very low vapour
     pressure, it works by contact action. For tracheal mite control you
     need something which can permeate the trachae of the bees, ie a gas or
     vapour. Apistan will not cut it, as it was not designed for that
     target.

     However, the new product which Vita is currently submitting for
     registration in Europe seems to be much more effective against
     acarine, as well as varroa - the main target. I'll keep you informed
     as we get more data.

     Max

     Vita (Europe) Limited