From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:44:50 +1000
> I think what Dick says about animals is true.  When you break it down on
> how things work and what control is, I remember a PBS series called the
> brain.
> The details in it on memory and decision making sure made much of what
> humans do seem more like instinct than actual control in a lot of ways.

Exactly.  When I look at my local town and its functioning I am inclined to
beepomorphise as to how it functions.  People are scurrying around doing
mostly I know not what, sometimes they seem to be swarming.  There a few
laws and regulations that have to be obeyed, and mostly are, but it
functions well in spite of having no guiding hand.  If it gets out of kilter
a bit some bod or other steps in and probably remedies the problem.  So we
lost grocer stores and decent hardware stores. In stepped farmers markets
etc and The Bolt Barn who have specialized fasteners and will sell me one
item.

It behoves those complaining to provide us with alterative nomenclature.

Geoff Manning