From:
Wayne Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:48:06 -0700
One day my 15 yr old daughter was stung on the cheek about 1 1/2 inches
below her eye, but no swelling occurred.

The following day, she suited up and caught a swarm for me while I was at
work, so the sting didn't spook her from handling bees..

The next day after that, her face finally swelled up (left eye shut, unable
to see, glasses wouldn't fit the bridge of her nose) and stayed that way for
about a day and a half. We took her to the dr. just to get her looked at, he
gave us an epi-pen for future use, but she was fine otherwise.

On myself about 3 weeks ago, a sting on the forehead at the hairline swelled
up during the next 2 hours and sunk down overnight to swell my face for 2-3
days.
Last Sunday, more than 40 yards from my bees, while "saving" a friend from
being stung, a persistent bee dive bombed my head until it got me just above
the right eyebrow. I grabbed it off fairly quickly, so I probably didn't get
a lot of venom. I immediately took a dose of antihistamines and took another
one later that evening, and had no swelling. I still have a pock mark from
the sting, so I know it did sting me.

That same friend I was "saving" has been stung twice on the face around the
eyes/forehead and he swelled up good both times.

The antihistamines seemed to work when taken immediately.