From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2010 06:22:14 -0800
> Has anyone tested to see if honey helps to moderate the high and low

> temperatures by slowing down the temperature swings?

Honey has only a fraction of the heat capacity that water has.  At 20C, only
about .54 compared to 4+.  Honey holds heat about the same as wood (Cp value
0.43).  So honey would moderate temperature swings much less than combs
filled with water would, but about the same as 1" slabs of dry wood.

So to answer your question theoretically, I wouldn't expect to see a large
moderation effect.  Wouldn't be hard to answer by sticking thermometers into
two boxes of combs--one empty of honey, the other full.

Randy Oliver