From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 23:00:49 -0400
I saw one at Maxant in Ayer, MA it is approximately the size of an extractor
and has screen walls to filter the cappings from the honey.
In the center are knife blades that also spin with the blades angled upward
to break up the cappings and disperse them evenly along the wall to avoid
heavy spots that would make the spinner jump.

I saw 92 year old Bill Maxant's honey house, He still maintains 30 hives and
has a cappings spinner, He does not have a chain uncapper but uses a
uncapping knife and uncaps directly into the uncapper.
I was impressed with the results.
The cappings were quite dry.

Garry Libby
Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA