From:
Ruth Askren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 06:40:12 -0700
> On Apr 20, 2017, at 8:26 AM, Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> A SAFE AND SIMPLE METHOD OF REQUEENING A BAD-TEMPERED STOCK

Thank you Pete for this, which is so relevant to my area.

The temper of the surviving  bees does not change however, and another 6 weeks or so is required until they die out and the brood of the new docile queen has completely taken over. Meanwhile those hot bees are still zipping around and making their presence known on inspections. This is a consideration.

And as for Randy's method:
>>> Even better is to insert a queen excluder between all boxes of the hot hive...>>>

In the case of a hive that's too hot to work, this cure might be worse than the disease! Manipulations such as this in a neighborhood, create unacceptable dangers. Of course in a rural beeyard it might be worth the trouble.

Nevertheless it's very helpful to know what methods others have successfully used and I will add both of these to my arsenal, which at present is dominated by "dry ice". Thank you!