Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:17:54 GMT+0200
Hi all

I see a lot of reasonably strange feelings about the AHB expressed
here.

The egyptian honeybee is an afican honey bee which genetically is
very very similarr to the AHB's of the est of africa.

People talk about low yields from AHB hives and the absconding
problem. I have a friend who kept well bred AHB in Zimmbabwe and
fequently took eight supers of her best hiivees during the spring
flow and a further four later in the yearr. That is not a bad yield.
(shallows though)

Also the stray swarm from Hawaii? AHB in Hawaii?

AHB also are superior in theiir ability to build up and aree
superior pollen gatherers.

My two cents

Keep well

Garth

---
Garth Cambray       "Opinions expressed in this post may be those
15 Park Road         of Pritz, my cat, who knows a lot about
Grahamstown          catfood."
South Africa               Phone 27-0461-311663

In general, generalisations are bad.
But don't worry BEEEEEE happy.