From:
Mark Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 22:09:28 -0800
>Question 1. Who knows from experience what the minimum
>temperature-time combination is that is  necessary to "permanently"
>prevent crystallisation?

I have found that holding the honey at normal hive temperatures (95-100=B0F)
in a holding tank for several days (the longer the better) has completely
eliminated crystallization of my honey on the store shelves. This is
accomplished without any detectable change in flavor or quality of the
honey. The reason this works is that it allows all of the small crystals
that are present in the extracted honey to completely dissolve eliminating
any starting point for crystals to form. I do not believe this is a
permanent effect, but it seems to work for at least several months. It has
completely eliminated the need to take returns of crystallized honey even
from stores which I only service once every 2 months.

Mark Jensen   [log in to unmask]