From:
Dan Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2015 12:57:03 -0400
>One of my other sicknesses is a life long interest in the genetics of domestic pigeons.
I believe that human selection of overt appearance and behavioral characteristics in animal stocks and natural selection of host/parasite adaptations are worlds apart in the time they take to manifest themselves.
>The back to nature crowd will likely be as opposed to such selection
I agree. My concern is the repeated assertion by some that the bees' recovery from tracheal mites has some relevance to the varroa infestation....inappropriately  fueling  the dream of countless Bond method adherents that they will discover the holy grail of beekeeping...fully varroa adapted bees....in their backyard during their lifetimes.