From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:34:30 -0400
Rob asks about how to process cappings for a 50-hive operation.  He says he
doesn't like melters because they heat the honey too much.

Look at the Kelley capping melter.  This is truly ingenious, and has honey
in contact with heat for only 2-3 minutes, and even then the heat is only
150 degrees.

A wax press will do the job, but as far as I know only Kelley still makes
one.  Lot's of mess is the downside.  Spinners and spin floats work fine,
but I don't know of any that are small enough for a 50-hive operation.

Hope this helps,

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
www.rossrounds.com