From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:30:01 -0400
"If you want to see "Google translate" at it's "best" take something in English into something else, even say German or Dutch, cut and paste the translation back in and translate that into English, it's chuckle.  So much for machine translation."

Not that Google needs any defenders, but I do a lot of international work and have to say that over the past couple of years Google Translate has gotten MUCH better, at least in the core languages (Dutch being one of them), thanks to its open nature via the "Contribute a better translation" option.  Apparently, a lot of people have.  I would not use if for a formal document, still rely on official translators for that, but it is great for getting ideas back and forth between two people, who may otherwise only share a few words in common.  For me, it has become another business tool.

Goldenrod flow is in high gear up here with tall goldenrod in bloom; makes for a nice smell passing the hives on walks out to the cornfields.

Bill
Claremont, NH
+43.35687 +43° 21’ 25”
-72.3835   -72° 23’ 01”