Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 11:56:26 GMT
>>Right now with another fire burning now over 2,000 acres again where fire was with Kitt Peak area...

It's often reported that the forests in the west and south-west of the US are susceptible to raging fires because the huge build-up of dead, dry plant material on the forest floor.  Paul Stamets of Fungi Perfecti feels that these forests should be sprayed with beneficial mushroom spores that would reduce this debris build-up following the rainy season.  This would deny the fires fuel and make nutrients more quickly available to plants.  Mycelia can effectively break down toxins, too.  Is there any talk like this in your area?

>>So will be interesting to see if I have to feed them, or they can fly past the fire area of 2,000 plus acres...

Does fireweed pop up in post-fire areas in Arizona like in some other parts of the west?  How long do fire-ravaged areas by you take to recover to provide surplus honey again?

Waldemar