From:
"Carl H. Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 1996 19:39:12 -0500
BE>Greetings Bee-Lers!

BE>Has anyone got a super solvent for wax & propolis?
BE>I've tried denatured alcohol. I'm trying to clean some
BE>rendering pots.

BE>Harry Sweet
BE>N. California USA

Hi!
I have two methods so far that work for me depending in the size of the
pot/bowl and its
relative value (cost of replacement).
1) Completely submerge the entire thing in boiling water. Allow the wax
to boil off and then
pour off the boiling water with the wax in suspension.
2) Deep freeze the thing for 24 hours. Then bang it on the cement. At
this point most of the
wax and propolis will 'shatter' off and the rest can be easily scraped
before the object warms.

Carl Powell