From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 06:30:12 -0500
>Many of us, including
Bob, remember PennCap M. Beekeepers were instrumental in getting that
product removed from general use.

Penncap M. has been used around my bees by the apple orchards for many
years. Correctly applied no problems.

Today's apple bee issues are coming from bloom sprays and fungicide sprays
while bees are working blooms.

>beekeepers want to be seen as credible reporters of incidents...we need to
>use credible data! Where
is the proof that any of these bee kills were caused by
planting treated corn?

. Beekeepers across the pond won a three million dollars lawsuit over
planting systemic treated corn
).
One could say not enough proof yet of sub lethal systemic problems but bee
kills from the process of planting systemic treated seed is well documented.

Environmentalists viewpoint:
Corn as food/ sweetener/ fuel ( which we need!) is predicted to turn the
Midwest into a huge monoculture. Contaminating water supplies. Worse than
now! The chemicals will continue to get stronger (such as 2 4 D) as
monocultures create super pests! The proponents think other countries can
supply our fruit and vegetables. Honey? (funny honey?). Discussed in
"Vanishing of the Bees".

*in my opinion* (coming from a family of Kansas farmers) farmers are being
drawn into a situation like Dee Lusby describes commercial beekeepers. The
profits keep dangled in front of us but hard to obtain. Dan said in a
Yields have not increased three fold!

Ethanol is being shipped out of country even now. GMO is being pushed in
countries which can produce wheat, corn and soybeans cheaper than the U.S

The future?
Monsanto people have suggested corn 20 years from now through GMO seeds will
increase the bushels per acre for corn to around 300 bushels per acre.
Double our best yields now.
However many doubt as yields are dropping now as roundup is not working.
Rumor says roundup will seen be replaced with a gmo which works with 2 4 D.

On the road again!

Talk later.

bob