From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 16:43:28 -0500
I would appreciate some info on the manufacture of Duragilt-type
foundation, i.e., the foundation with a thin plastic sheet as the base for
rigidity.  How do they bond the wax to the plastic (is it perforated)?
Also, is it available in UK and Europe?

I noticed that one large dealer in the NE stopped carrying it because the
wax tended to separate from the plastic.  I have had this happen, tho'
rarely.  I wonder what others' experience is.  It certainly is more
convenient than wiring in pure wax foundation, and easier to replace as
well.  I have used quite a bit of it and gotten scores of nice durable
combs, but also still do a great deal of the traditional wiring, depending
on what type of foundation I have available.   Thanks all    JWG