From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 06:24:46 -0500
a Georges Prigent quote followed by my comments...
'To be accurate, the larvae possess a completly close digestive track until it spins his cocoon. During cocoon spinning the digestive tracks open itself to release the wastes accumulated during the entire life of the larvae, these wastes are used to consolidate the cocoon with the silk. As a consequence, you can see pollen grains inside the larvae but not anymore after the cell is capped, pollen exines and wastes are then on the side of the cell wall.'

Well you may be late to the dance George but thanks for the explanation.  My confusion was created by the use of the word un-capped.  The un can cause some confusion for me but it see it is in much wider use since the introduction of the successful marketing blitz for the un-cola.  uncapped sounds to my ear like some has been capped and then uncapped.  Most I was trying to discern exactly where in the pre adult development calendar this PROCESS was occurring.

In the same regards I am not exactly certain what you mean George when you speak of a 'close' digestive track?

Thanks Bill for the link and it does mention pollen grains in larval food. I am still wondering if the larvae/cocoon phase of development.

I did note the AUTHORITATIVE proclamation on what is not allowed here. Some time tone does speak volumes...

Gene in central Texas... pulling a bit of honey and making up nuclei (for some reason this comupter wants to change the shorter version of the word into nun???)