From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:33:11 -0600
> >Why use it if no mites can be found?<<<<<<<
>
>         At the risk of stirring the dust of recent history, I am
>         moved to
> remind readers that those of us who live with Varroa mites do not
> take them lightly.

<etc.>

But these bees have not been proven to even *have* varroa mites.
They have merely been -- for a short while -- near some bees that
reportedly had some mites.  The previous owner decided to treat on
general principal too.  No one has seen even one varroa on these
hives.

Does it make sense to treat before even sampling to determine if they
are actually present?  Surely careful sampling would reveal any
infestation likely to have any significance.

I think you missed my point entirely.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>