From:
The Moderators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:10:22 -0400
Please read your messages _in their entirety -- including headers_ before posting. Think
twice before hitting "Send".

In particular, please read the "Subject" and the "To" headers before sending and if
they do not accurately reflect your topic, CHANGE THEM.

Please feel _obligated_ to change the subject line in any and every message you send
if you are changing the direction of conversation or substantially changing the topic.

We have a current thread that is entitled, " Re: TBH, was Essential oils and formic acid ".
As it happens, the current discussion has *nothing* to do with essential oils or formic
acid, yet none of the participants has bothered to change the subject line.

In short, if you change the subject, please change the subject line, too, and please
change it completely.

i.e.  when you change the line, Please do not add "was" + a previous subject
from which a quote may have been snipped.

Mentioning the previous subject makes no sense and becomes increasingly
cumbersome as subsequent responses continue under a ponderous and mostly
meaningless subject header.

I don't know how many read BEE-L in a threaded view.  I know I usually don't, and when
I try to, and I examine the threads, they are typically broken and fairly useless or
continue on past the end of the topic in the subject line, so there is no point in
attempting to maintain threads by tagging old subjects onto current ones.

Each new topic deserves an entirely new subject.

BEE-L is not USENET and we have our own netiquette.  In short, we discourage
1.) use of attribution lines, 2.) quoting more than short snips, 3.) long signatures,
4.) subject lines which do not reflect the current topic and 5.) personal arguments.

Our guidelines are linked in the footer at the end of every message.

Thanks