Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2016 13:08:50 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
For those of you on the list who are 'in the loop’ so to speak, have you or anyone you may be aware of been successful in applying for and receiving grant money from what was allocated in last year’s bill?

I am preparing to approach our leading agricultural university here in the state regarding the start of a project to examine what I believe to be a mite-surving feral metapopulation occurring in my area.

The university has a department of “"Entomology and Plant Pathology”", but most of the focus there is on other agricultural concerns with no one really involved with honey bees.

I’'m thinking there may be a thesis or dissertation worthy project having economic ramifications which would involve taking a detailed look at the bees up here.  I'’ve already a couple of graduate degrees under my belt and not really interested in another.  The hope is that someone in the department would sponsor a graduate student which would be more feasible if grant money were attainable.

On the other hand taking on such a project might be a nice way to burn time during the retirement years which are around the corner for me.
The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2