From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 22:54:28 -0800
>when you visit them, report back on any controls used

Hi Steve and Dee,

These were widely scattered small beekeepers all over a large area.

Most are strongly biodynamic/alternative/or organic.  I will see what
I can find out.

Reality check for "organic" beekeeping.  All species on Earth were
"organic" until recently.  They all had parasites, got sick, had
epidemics, and most species that ever existed have gone extinct.
Being organic does not make any species invincible!

Dee, I don't think that pointing fingers at "controls" used is really
an issue here.  CCD is an equal opportunity killer.  It can hit any
operation, from the organic hobbyist, to the chemical-dumping
pollination operator.

Randy Oliver