From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 07:00:19 -0500
>> Did you have them right side up? (triangle down)  :)
>

>On recomendation from one of our local club members, I tried
>these...GREAT UNITS! He also suggested putting a medium box under the
>escapes, to give the bees room to cluster and draw them off the supers
>quicker. Pulled off all the supers after a couple of days and not a bee
>in any.
>
>Downside is of course the two lifting exercises you get...
>
>Regards - Scott
>
>Ps- I also had one plug up with "confused" bees. Bring your fume pads
>and bee-go...

Yeah, this time I put an empty medium under each escape board, with only
two full supers above it.  The hives are really populous -- there were
large clusters of bees in between the inner and outer covers on all
colonies.  And they weren't particularly happy, either -- I guess the boss
caught them loafing.  I'll go back in a couple of days and hope to see that
the bees have all made it out of the supers.  Thanks Scott.

PS- I also covered the inner cover holes and taped any possible entries
(cracks) in the supers.  So they weren't getting in from outside.  Usually
I do have good success with these boards, except when there is a bit of
brood somewhere hidden in a super.  Later...