From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 05:55:53 -0600
> When you find that, check your map and go have a
> pleasant chat with the farmer, let him know that a pail or case of
> honey goes with the yard as rent(also let him know the benefits of
> pollination).

A young fellow I know goes to the liquor store and buys a selection
of hard liquor, etc. and drives around to pay his yard rent each fall
with honey and the case of assorted liquor in his pickup truck.

He offers honey or liquor.  Since some people don't care about honey,
the option is popular and is cheaper than honey at current prices.

The problem I can see is that some farmers I know might expect you
to help them consume the rent payment.

How would you get home?

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>