From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:41:47 -0500
>> >Should we really trust our regulatory agencies to regulate?

Many people believe the EPA needs changed. Big ag would abolish the EPA.

> The public forum is like a kangaroo court;  EPA must follow legal,
> evidence-based procedures.

Most regulations the EPA inforces were helped written by big ag.

Like our tax code and many other regulations loopholes are always written
in.
\
Because Randy Oliver says he has "spoken with regulaters and reveiwed their
paperwork"
it does little to change many of our opinions.

"The devil is always in the details"

I have a family member which before retirement was a very high profile
lawyer (his clients names we would all recognize).
He said contract negotiations & various regulations  take so long as wording
is so important. Details leave loopholes.
Loopholes are why big corps pay less taxes. Loopholes make EPA enforcement
hard.

Lawyers are taught to drag negotiations out till the other side gets tired
and gives in.

I have a CPA friend (other than my CPA) and he says the tax code is so
complicated tax lawyers are confused. He says (opinion) loopholes for
certain groups make the law hard to understand. Remember details?

Tax lawyers are at times *confused* over wording but to the group or lobby
which wanted said wording the wording makes perfect sense as allows a
loophole to legally avoid taxes (or in regulations to avoid EPA
regulations )

Big corps like to see their competition mired in regulations but their
selves avoiding such regulations through loopholes. ALL COMPLETELY LEGAL.

Big corps. do not want to break a law but  are famous for getting loopholes
placed into laws and regulations.

When inspections of various companies start to cause problems lobbyists try
to get funding cut to those doing the inspections so less inspectors will
happen and instead of more inspectors doing the inspections we see less
inspectors with new regulations taking more time so less inspections get
done.

Happens with health departments all the time. In our rural county the cuts
have left one inspector for the entire county. He said he has to focus on
the most serious offenders.

honey is not a high contamination food he said.

Everyday the percent of uninspected food (other than honey) entering the
food stores grows.

I buy my vegtables at the farmers market.

bob

bob