From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 11:22:04 -0600
> My advice to you in the future is to alert your local post office
> prior to arrival

This is good advice.  Consider also what day of the week they will be
sent and if they might wind up spending a weekend in a post office
less than an hour's drive away.  Monday shipments are good because
they might arrive with no weekend waits.

It isn't hard to learn the likely routing of the shipment and to
intercept it or check on it along the way -- if you are polite and
friendly.

If we are expecting a large shipment, I have the Cagary post office
watch for them and call me and I  drive the extra 60 miles, rather
than subject them to an additional handling -- and a day's journey
up and down the milk run that feeds our local PO.

The PO guys and gals here are really interested in helping get them
thru alive in great shape.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>