From:
Bob Billson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Billson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 15:31:23 -0400
On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, James D Satterfield wrote:
>I tried to respond to him directly, but for some reason the email address
>wouldn't go through.  I'm posting my response to the list since some of

<sigh> Since last Saturday my ISP's nameserver seems to have gone flaky.

>the information may be of interest to others.  I am hopeful that Bob will
>pick up this response, that he doesn't mind me posting his initial
>inquiry.

I sure did.  Not at all.

>inches.  You could probably make the plates from most anything then face
>them with some material that wouldn't affect taste.  The table top appears
>to be 3/4 or 1 inch plywood with 1/16 inch formica laminated.

I was thinking of using maple veneer on plywood with shallow vertical
grooves cut in it.  I figured this would allow the honey to drain out
easier.

>I have attached a larger .jpg file that may give you a clearer image.

Can you try sending it again?  (Not to the list obviously.)

>Bob, the handle with the blue knob is only about 4.5 inches long.  The
>blue knob is from an outside faucet.  I think a wheel might be easier to
>use, or at least a door knob in place of the faucet knob.

Or maybe a wheel and gear arrangement?  I'll have all winter to experiment. :-)

>My pleasure.  If you'll make some photos of your press, I'd be happy to
>post them to the website.  Meanwhile, keep me advised of your adventures.

Will do.

        Bob
--
Bob Billson, KC2WZ                                email: [log in to unmask]
  (\       MS-DOS, you can't live with it.  You can live without it.    /)