From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:16:32 -0400
> But it requires the use of a screened bottom board, which I despise.
> Makes treating for varroa with OA vapor, Formic, or thymol nearly
> impossible.

I run Freeman type bottom boards that I fabricated from an original and then purchased the plastic tray separately - much more affordable.
To facilitate sublimating OA, I cut a slot in the center of one tray's rear lip that's just large enough to accommodate the shaft of my vaporizer (if I could figure out how to attach a photo I would have). I can now treat with OA from the rear of the colony by removing the existing tray and inserting the modified tray with the vaporizer. This simplified the process because it avoids all the bees I used to encounter trying to slide the vaporizer in the front entrance. It also adds a level of protection because the hot vaporizer is now below under a screen and less likely to ignite any low hanging comb.  I also placed a thin sheet metal heat sink on the plastic tray to avoid heat damage. It seems to be working fine and avoids the need for any additional manipulations or equipment.

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT