From:
Keith Cutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 12:48:11 -0500
As a bee-ginner, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to
approach this problem.

I had a hive swarm on me in September.  I captured the swarm and
boxed them.  I fed them all the sugar water they would take.  They put
honey up in one shallow super and layed some on the frames in the
deep. They were also able to put in a fair amount of late season
goldenrod pollen.   In New Hampshire this will probably not get them
through the winter.

I should also note that the queen did produce brood that matured.

Most of the "old" beekeepers in the club I belong to tell me that there
is little I can do to insure their survival.  I would like to  prove them
wrong.

Keith Cutting   [log in to unmask]