From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:40:48 -0000
Hi Jerry

> its a bit of a stretch to attribute all of this losses to
these
> new  chemicals --

I agree with you.  After reading some of the French
literature, then discovering that our main crop source of
nectar in the UK, oilseed rape (=canola), was now largely
grown from imidacloprid-dressed seed, I feared that we would
see the same problems in the UK.  It doesn't seem to have
happened.

Just to be clear - 'cos I don't think that I was earlier -
it appears that Yves Le Conte does not believe that
imidacloprid stands out as the main factor in the French
problem.  Rather, the cause was more complex and involved
several factors acting togther.  You've already hinted that
it may be the same for you.

Good luck with your effort.

Gavin.

Subscribers are encouraged to search the asrchives ofter at: http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?S1=bee-l