From:
Chuck Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:48:21 -0500
To the Moderators and the Guilty Few,

Recently - on and off for the past few months - on this List there has
been such baneful language, finger pointing, and positioning that frankly
I do not feel comfortable.  Knowing that this List is sometimes frequented
by secondary school children doing research for high school projects and
read by adults, men and women, more sensitive than myself it is my humble
opinion that the minimal standards of language on this List should be
raised and posts with abusive and vulgar and baneful comments or criticism
should be rejected.

This List is recognized by many to be the most respected Beekeeping List
on the Internet. If such pointed, sarcastic, and deplorable comments are
allowed to continue then IMHO the worthiness and respectability of this
List is reduced to the value of the language in which the List is written.

This list is frequented by many outstanding and knowledgeable leaders in
our industry; leaders who contribute their time and energy to the
betterment of beekeeping by contributing to the vitality of this List.
There are many ways to disagree but folks lets keep it civil! And, frankly
unless nosema or mice or small hive beetles have affected the denizens of
a hive most beehives are quite sanitary except perhaps for the buzz of
the “gentlemen” whose defecation of words is representative of their self-
image. Let’s all try to get along and keep the high standards that this
List is recognized for maintaining not only in the content of the posts
written but the language that they are written in.

Sincerely,

Chuck Norton
Norton's Nut & Honey Farm
330 Irvin Street